OBDA > FUNCTION OF OBDA
At state level, both programmes of National Bamboo Mission & National Mission for Bamboo Application are implemented through Odisha Bamboo Development Agency. Besides the OBDA is entrusted with overall development of Bamboo sector in the State.
The functions are broadly summarized as below:
Bamboo Resource Regenaration ( Nurseries and Plantation)
This may be in public sector ( Departmentally) or private sector (beneficiaries oriented) which are of two types :
- Decentralized- Kisan Nursery/Mahila Nursery
- Forest Areas - It is implemented through DFO involving VSS, JFMCs, FDA, VDC(Village Development Committee- where registered body not existing as in case of Micro plan run village of WFP). Field Units of OBDA may be involved.
- Non Forest Areas - It may be implemented through District Bamboo Development Agency (DBDA) or through Field Unit of OBDA involving beneficiaries, Farmers, NGOs etc
Organization of Training and Workshop
Training may be imparted to Farmers & Field functionaries, involving D.F.O., D.B.D.A., Field Units of OBDA or other line Departments such as G.M., D.I.C. etc.
Skill Up gradation of Artisans
The focused areas are :
- Mat weaving
- Incense stick making and rolling
- Furniture making
- Bamboo handicrafts, etc.
Common Facility Center (CFC)
These may be established through the Agency involved in training. The CFCs includes:
- Treatment & Storage facilities
- Retail market of Bamboo near village, Bamboo Bazar etc.
- Training Centers
- Other common facility required by communities / villages
Promotion of Bamboo based industries and tecnnology with support of (NMBA)
The focused areas are
- Bamboo Mat Board / Corrugated Sheet / BMVB / Bamboo Particle Board
- Incense Stick
- Bamboo Timber Block / Lumber / Floor Tiles
- Bamboo shoots
- Bamboo Furniture etc
Marketing support and Marketing linkage for bamboo based products
Project Based activities
Project based activities for Bamboo sector development shall be implemented with support of National Bamboo Mission (NBM), National Mission on Bamboo Application (NMBA) or other Agencies.